• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

3 hours ago, nochefschoice said:

I think it's mad though to call one cinnamon the true cinnamon, and call the other "not true" cinnamon

Why mad? It is simple truth. What is sold as cinnamon in much of the world is not cinnamon, a specific species. Therefore 'not true'.

They are different species; taste diffferent; smell different; have different monetary value.

liuzhou

liuzhou

2 hours ago, nochefschoice said:

I think it's mad though to call one cinnamon the true cinnamon, and call the other "not true" cinnamon

Why mad? It is simple truth. What is sold as cinnamon in much of the world is not cinnamon, a specific species. Therefore 'not true'.

It's like calling rasperries 'red blueberries'.

liuzhou

liuzhou

2 hours ago, nochefschoice said:

Why? It is simple truth. What is sold as cinnamon in much of the world is not cinnamon, a specific species. Therefore 'not true'.

It's like calling rasperries 'red blueberries'.