• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Lucknam Park Hotel

We're staying at Lucknam Park this weekend. I actually booked the room before realising the potential of the restaurant, and I haven't booked for dinner yet. Hywel Jones, formerly (I believe) of Foliage and Lola's, is i.c. - here's the menu. Has anyone eaten here, and if so, should I try and get us in?

Thanks

Bainesy

edited to say - has anyone else but Jay Rayner eaten here?

Edited by bainesy (log)

Sheffield, where I changed,

And ate an awful pie

We're staying at Lucknam Park this weekend. I actually booked the room before realising the potential of the restaurant, and I haven't booked for dinner yet. Hywel Jones, formerly (I believe) of Foliage and Lola's, is i.c. - here's the menu. Has anyone eaten here, and if so, should I try and get us in?

Thanks

Bainesy

edited to say - has anyone else but Jay Rayner eaten here?

Well, I was going to add my thoughts but...

Jay

Fay Maschler thought very highly of him whilst he was at Foliage quite a few years ago and Marina o' Loughlin ( who she? :raz: ) thought his food good during his brief stint at the now defunct Pharmacy. And I suppose Jay knows his onions :biggrin:

Be rude not to try it, seeing as you are staying there :smile: