• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

MikeMac

MikeMac

I was asked what I would change about my rational install 

Not much - Something that took a long time to figure out what is the amount of ventilation you need do not cheap out on the ventilation you will have a kitchen full of steam or smoke great smelling smoke but not a good thing.

My biggest win would be braises mix everything up the day before toss it in the oven let it cook overnight and simply reheat to serve unbelievable so simple and so good the other thing that the oven does incredibly well is salmon there was a setting in mine  called crispy salmon designed by the Canadian head Rational chef Kevin - Amazing.

Steaming seafood with vegetables is another huge win as long as you’re careful and don’t over cook it’s great clean food very much wife approved.   Braising It’s not her preferred cooking method due to the calories but she loves anything I do steamed with vegetables.

Happy wife - chance of a happy life.   This seems to of worked for us for the last 30 years.

MikeMac

MikeMac

I was asked what I would change about my rational install 

Not much - Something that took a long time to figure out what is the amount of ventilation you need do not cheap out on the ventilation you will have a kitchen full of steam or smoke great smelling smoke but not a good thing.

My biggest win would be braises mix everything up the day before toss it in the oven let it cook overnight and simply reheat to serve unbelievable so simple and so good the other thing that the oven does incredibly well is salmon there was a setting in mind called crispy salmon designed by the Canadian head Rational chef Kevin - Amazing.

Steaming seafood with vegetables is another huge win as long as you’re careful and don’t over cook it’s great clean food very much wife approved.   Braising It’s not her preferred cooking method due to the calories but she loves anything I do steamed with vegetables.

Happy wife - chance of a happy life.   This seems to of worked for us for the last 30 years.