• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

BC's Best Clam Chowder

jamiemaw

Ling said

^Nothing wrong with plugging when it's such a great deal. It's wonderful how this thread got turned around

Yes; I am impressed with the whole process myself and see what egullet can do in the PR side of our business; as a person in the bus a long time I like the whole real time communication thing.

steve

Cook To Live; Live To Cook

I was at the Red Lion Pub in Dundarave, West Van, last night. The soup of the day was New England clam chowder. It was pretty darn good. Might be worth checking out, but call ahead because it's not a regular menu item.

Off topic, but the Red Lion is a great addition to West Van. Serious beers, nice atmosphere, friendly owner, Rafe Mair hangs out there and pontificates, and the food isn't bad for pub grub. Last night I had the special -- a pork osso bucco which was tremendous: tender, full of flavour, and a bargain at $12. My wife had a steak that she really enjoyed.

Paul B