• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Mexican in New Brunswick

Daniel

Understand that New Brunswick has a large Mexican Population, I was hoping there would be a few great places there especially for lunch today.. It can be from Taco Stand to nice place.. As long as no one suggests Marias Cantina, I am ok with it..

Edited by Daniel (log)

Daniel. I recall reading a review in the past 6 months of a Mexican eatery in New Brunswick which sounded pretty authentic. The review was in the U.S. 1 weekly out of Princeton. I think the restaurant was on the outskirts of N.B., not in the downtown. Hopefully an e-gulleter will help out with the name and location.

Hey, thanks a lot.. By the reviewers own words, he said it was hard to go wrong eating Mexican in New Brunswick.. This definately makes we want to start exploring.. I have been to the majority of those restaurants mentioned.. Really like Los Molinas.. New Brunswick is a good food town..

I have an inquiry out for you...will let you know if/when I hear something!

Edit: Foodie pal working at RU says she wasn't aware of any, but now she wants me to let HER know about any that you find! :laugh:

Edited by Curlz (log)

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

Here is a list of places someone gave me...

1)Cinco De Mayo- On Somerset Street

2) Costa Chica- On Handy street

3)Noa Noa- On French st

4)Taqueria Poblano- On Bayard st

5)Oaxaqueno- On Joyce Kilmer avenue

Edited by Daniel (log)