• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Need Great Lunch Place in Portland/Sat.

I had a very nice lunch at Wildwood just last week. They let me order a single crab cake as appetizer/salad and the pulled ham was excellent. And the weather was tremendous for sitting outside. Why waste a perfect day in the Pacific Northwet by sitting inside.

It is good to be a BBQ Judge.  And now it is even gooder to be a Steak Cookoff Association Judge.  Life just got even better.  Woo Hoo!!!

I'm also considering a lunch at the Heathman Hotel. Any opinions? I'd also love to walk around the hotel since it is a Historic Hotel. Papa Haydn's is also another option. If we don't have lunch there, I have to go check out those yummy desserts I've been hearing about. :)

Wildwood is open seven days a week.

Lunch: Mon – Sat 11:30 am-2:30 pm

Dinner: Mon – Thur 5:30 pm-9 pm

Fri – Sat 5:30 pm-10 pm

Family Style Supper: Sunday 5 pm- 8:30 pm

Chalkboard Menu: available in the bar

after 2:30 pm

from their web site

Wildwood Restaurant

It is good to be a BBQ Judge.  And now it is even gooder to be a Steak Cookoff Association Judge.  Life just got even better.  Woo Hoo!!!

I agree with Wildwood! I try and eat there everytime I'm in town. It's a nice, open space with a wood-fired grill that makes everything smell and taste delicious. My favorite dish was a fried oyster salad that was served on an herb crepe.

Megan Woo

IHEARTBACON.COM

Last time I was there I had the fried oyster and bacon salad that was simply wonderful. They had a trout special that day that I also had that put trout on a whole new level. The place is great! And even pizza and fish and chips that would appeal to our teens. My husband loved his Wildwood hamburger. I also love their btg Abacela table wine there. :)