• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

La regalade,Temps au temps,Cinq mars,La cerisaie

pierre45

Recently i had dinner in some new restaurants with an excellent qualiy/price relationship.Average cost for a 3 course meal was about 30 euros ,excuding wine.

LA REGALADE.I was curious to see how the new chef Bruno Doucet compares to the previous one Y camdeborde.We had for appetizers,brandade de morue covered by a salade in olive oil and pesto dabs,wich was declared tasty,however the foie gras quenelle in asparagus foamed broth was truly unique.

Main dishes of poitrine de cochon over mashed potatoe was a bit heavy,however quite tasty.the rice pudding with caramel sauce dessert was from a huge bowl with unlimited helpings.Overall dinner was enjoyable but it lacked the inventive touch of the previous chef.

TEMPS AU TEMPS.A husband /wife team in a very small space.We had soup of yam and tomatoe layered and served in a glass.visually striking and delicious.mains of roast pork was tender and juicy,and an asparagus rissotto dish was rich and flavorful.Panna cotta dessert was truly refreshing. The quality of the cuisine is quite high in this restaurant and the service by Mme efficient and friendly.

CINQ MARS.Another small restaurant located in a fancy section of Paris.Lots of young and attractive people.Quite a hip place.crevettes with mayonnaise and fresh goat cheese and tempenade were pleasant.The Main dish of tuna carpaccio was standard but the pot au feu with mustard and cornichon quite tasty.

The cuisine here is not exciting but the place is fun

LA CERISAIE.Mme takes care by herself of this 11 table restaurant,while Mr cooks.THe cuisine is southwest with strong basque influence.

Calamari salad was ok but the boullion with quenelle was too salty.

Plat of foie gras was excellent and another main dish of young lamb was succulent.

Pain perdu with armagnac as dessert was a lost cause however the chocolate tarte was scrumptious.

This restaurant seems very uneven,but there is a true effort to please

I agree that the Cerisaie was slightly uneven but really eager to please. Overall good food. And lovely friendly service in a tiny space; much appreciated when I find that so much of the service I encounter/ endure here in Paris is surly!