• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Line cook needed

Rosie

Funny that you've mentioned the place, Rosie--it's not far from me, and I've been wondering if it's any good. For those of you not aware of it, the restaurant is on Riverside Ave in Lyndhurst. It's a BRIGHT (as in sunflower) yellow building--trust me when I say you can't miss it! It's near the VW dealership. Only open about a month at this point, if I'm not mistaken. Has anyone been? Heard anything about it?

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

It is excellent. Was there only once but I have always loved Chef Lo Pinto's cooking. There will be a story on Table Hopping With Rosie tomorrow April 13, 2005. Also, I'll have information on their new spring menu soon.

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

Interesting. Where did he cook prior to this place? I look forward to reading about it tomorrow...!

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."