• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Confessions; where did you last eat?

there's a song in my head 'i'm on a ride and i want to get off but they won't slow down the roundabout'!!

bonus points for artist and name. Clue big in the 80's and beyond.

cheers

gary

Duran Duran, The Reflex. What do I win? Dinner at one of the places at which you ate during your four free days!?

correct! glad to see another 80's kid out there, just watching simple minds from live aid at the minute, they ROCK!

and yes!

cheers

gary

Duran Duran - Best group bar none. :smile: Scott F got me 2 concert tickets for Christmas. :wub:

(Where I will eat a Birmingham City FC Pie - to keep it on topic.) :wink:

How did I manage to miss this thread the first time?

Pshaw! Concert tickets, Concert smickets - Simon Le Bon and the lovely Yasmin sat two rows ahead of me on a flight to LA last month. I'll tell you, I adored that man when I was 13 but bloody hell, someone's been taking ugly pills recently! Why do rockers age so badly? (Wait, I think I have the answer to that one somewhere...)

As for last patronised restaurants...well, its been a busy and rather tight month but...:

Saturday night: Roka (at last!) Worth all the hype food-wise but seriously, are they really always completely booked? Me no think so. Trying on a bit of the Ivy maybe.

Sunday afternoon: Dim-T: Yauatcha it ain't but not too bad.

Sadly, beyond that its been Carluccios and work lunches at Pizza Express (not counting E-gullet meal at the Inn at the Park). Hoping for a much better Feb.