• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rotuts

rotuts

if you deconstruct a turkey  a la Julia & Jacque  and placed it on top of the stuffing and bake it carefully everything turns out fine.

if you were able to do this in a CombiOven   it would be even better and more forgiving.

it even looks a bit like a turkey as the legs point upward and still have their bone in them

and you get a lot more stuffing.

I did it this way for years  using the largest turkey I could find.  Breast / thighs boned out.

carcass used for stock  which then became gravy the nest day while the turkey was roasting

and the stock was used in the stuffing pre package directions   I sometimes used 3 bags of PF cornbread stuffing mix

which the bird 'lay' on while roasting.

no carving hassle either.

rotuts

rotuts

if you deconstruct a turkey  a la Julia & Jacque  and placed it on top of the stuffing and bake it carefully everything turns out fine.

if you were able to do this in a CombiOven   it would be even better and more forgiving.

it even looks a bit like a turkey as the legs point upward and still have their bone in them

and you get a lot more stuffing.