• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Baltimore Sunday lunch (not brunch)

We want to treat our kids and grandchildren to lunch in the Baltimore city/county area. We do not want brunch. We do not care about the decor, but want an affordable, good meal of any ethnicity for 10 people. If possible we would like a restaurant where the 3-8 year olds can get up from the table & run around from time to time.

Hmmm, Sunday lunch not brunch, affordable and a place where kids can run around. A casual but nice option is the Ambassador Dining Room off of University Parkway. They serve Indian food and on Sundays, they offer a buffet brunch but of course, it is Indian food, not breakfast food, assuming your objection to brunch is breakfast food. Mimosas for the grown-ups. A very nice space, probably ok for the kids to get up a bit but not get too crazy. A bargain. Down the street, I believe the Carlyle Club serves lunch on Sundays. It is Middle Eastern. On the very casual side, Nam Kang is a Korean place at Maryland & 21st, they are open all the time, probably ok for the kids to go wild there. I think SoBo Cafe on Cross Street serves lunch on Sundays, it is very casual but kind of small. My personal fav is the Golden West Cafe in Hampden, however, it is possible that they only serve breakfast on Sundays, give them a call because if they serve lunch it is a perfect choice. Although, for a party of 10, a wait could be involved. Another option is dim sum (no carts, though) at the Chinatown Cafe on Park Avenue.

Hmmm, Sunday lunch not brunch, affordable and a place where kids can run around.  A casual but nice option is the Ambassador Dining Room off of University Parkway.  They serve Indian food and on Sundays, they offer a buffet brunch but of course, it is Indian food, not breakfast food, assuming your objection to brunch is breakfast food.  Mimosas for the grown-ups.  A very nice space, probably ok for the kids to get up a bit but not get too crazy.  A bargain.  Down the street, I believe the Carlyle Club serves lunch on Sundays.  It is Middle Eastern.  On the very casual side, Nam Kang is a Korean place at Maryland & 21st, they are open all the time, probably ok for the kids to go wild there.  I think SoBo Cafe on Cross Street serves lunch on Sundays, it is very casual but kind of small.  My personal fav is the Golden West Cafe in Hampden, however, it is possible that they only serve breakfast on Sundays, give them a call because if they serve lunch it is a perfect choice.  Although, for a party of 10, a wait could be involved.  Another option is dim sum (no carts, though) at the Chinatown Cafe on Park Avenue.

Thanks very much for your suggestions - I'll check them out!