• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Blais New Joint

GordonCooks

Haven't been. Word is it's a bar (appropriate for the locale) with a limited tapas menu and "rum bar". At least I think that was what they said. Anyway, Blais no longer works there.

If you want to get food from Blais you need to go to Bazzaar, on Peachtree next to The Fox Theater.

Can you pee in the ocean?

We have a thread here, Greg, detailing the entire history .. since Blais closed, Richard has resumed his culinary abilities, albeit at a new location .. hence the website for Bazzaar ...Blais abbreviated bio

Edited by Gifted Gourmet (log)

Melissa Goodman aka "Gifted Gourmet"

We have a thread here, Greg, detailing the entire history .. since Blais closed, Richard has resumed his culinary abilities, albeit at a new location .. hence the website for Bazzaar ...Blais abbreviated bio

I didn't realize the old owners kept his web address and name. You'd figure they'd change the link.

I was referring to the 'old website/Che' part that GordonCooks said in the first post. I assumed he was talking about the old website for his We're Cookin' restaurant, which isn't active anymore. So that's why I'm confused.

-Greg

I was referring to the 'old website/Che' part that GordonCooks said in the first post. I assumed he was talking about the old website for his We're Cookin' restaurant, which isn't active anymore. So that's why I'm confused.

-Greg

I'm referring to www.blais-atlanta.com

I didn't realize the old owners kept his web address and name. You'd figure they'd change the link.

Interesting for two reasons: the new Che site is the exact same design as the previous one for Blais .. graphics precisely as Richard Blais left them ... and

Yesterday, Richard Blais was here at eG and read this thread and remained silent ... nothing special really, but interesting, to me ...

He has, in all respects, "moved on", only glancing back on the rare occasion ... good for him! :biggrin:

Ah, that was my misunderstanding. I thought it was blais-atl.com, not blais-atlanta.com. And I do find it somewhat odd that they are using the old website to promote the new restaurant, especially since it has Chef Blais' name in it. Although I use the word promote loosely. There's no information what-so-ever about the restaurant. I heard that Chef Klaskala is doing the menu at Che - is that true?

I still haven't been by Bazaar since Chef Blais took over. I need to go there and to Che. I hate being unemployed. :sad:

-Greg

Creative Loafing Atlanta this week on Blais newest: Bazzaar

now for the update on what this thread has been discussing at length ... do scroll down to the article:

Blais' cuisine is famously congruent with the Romans' habit of changing the form of food, injecting it with humor and saucing it oddly. His menu at Bazzaar -- arranged into micro-, mini- and macro-plates -- is smaller overall and the cuisine is not quite as capricious as it was at Blais. It all seems a bit more grounded, but with fabulous flashes.
:biggrin:

Creative Loafing Atlanta this week on Blais newest: Bazzaar

now for the update on what this thread has been discussing at length ... do scroll down to the article:

Blais' cuisine is famously congruent with the Romans' habit of changing the form of food, injecting it with humor and saucing it oddly. His menu at Bazzaar -- arranged into micro-, mini- and macro-plates -- is smaller overall and the cuisine is not quite as capricious as it was at Blais. It all seems a bit more grounded, but with fabulous flashes.
:biggrin:

Yeah,but it was the last part of Bostick's comments that caught my attention:"...I have a feeling thatBlais won't be in our town long...".

:shock:

100% right 50% of the time.

While I fully admit that Bostock's comment sounds most ominous, he may not understand what it is that makes Blais so involved with the local Atlanta food scene.

I, personally, have come to believe that he will be seen for what he is: a culinary wunderkind ... and I believe the local dining public will see the exact same qualities in him that I do ... :biggrin: