• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Two wines

Florida Jim

2002 Baudry, Chinon Les Granges:

A chameleon of a wine. On release, this was bright and fresh without the slightest hint of green. Shortly thereafter, it showed green bell pepper and stemmy. Now it’s back to fresh with crystal clear fruit. What gives?

Anyway, today its nose is cherry pits, black cherries and stones; the palate is focused, fruity, mouthwatering and lively with a slight hint of charred wood, intense and balanced; with a medium length, fruit driven finish.

I don’t know what to make of the transformation but I was delighted to have this with a lunch of mild cappa cola, crackers and assorted cheeses. Imported by Louis/Dressner.

2002 Anaselmi, Capitel Foscarino:

This kind of depth coupled with this freshness is so rare. We drank this with chanterelle ravioli and loved it. The essence of Soave in flavor with good complexity, it gives me the impression that, with a couple years in the cellar, it will develop into something even more remarkable. Balanced and beautiful now. Imported by Winebow.

Best, Jim

www.CowanCellars.com

Jim, dear,

Would you consider just having one thread for all your wines, so your devoted fans could subscribe to it, like a wineblog? Then all your poetry and wisdom would be under one roof, so to speak. I don't want to subscribe to the entire wine forum: that would bore (and annoy) me to death.

Just a thought.

Your biggest flan,

Tana

Jim, dear,

Would you consider just having one thread for all your wines, so your devoted fans could subscribe to it, like a wineblog? Then all your poetry and wisdom would be under one roof, so to speak. I don't want to subscribe to the entire wine forum: that would bore (and annoy) me to death.

Just a thought.

Your biggest flan,

Tana

Tana,

No can do.

-My memory sucks except short term and I do not take notes when dining/drinking. Hence, if I wait to write them up, they're gone.

-I like the interaction that comes from regular posting.

-Having avidly read many posts on many boards for many years, I find I like shorter rather than longer posts - its that attention span thing.

-I'm trying to set a world record for the most bulletin board posts on the internet.

I'm your biggest flan, too. :biggrin:

Best, Jim

www.CowanCellars.com