• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Fourth Anniversary Dinner

Liz26

So sorry it took me so long to get back to you guys!

Its just that like I said, we have a 1 yr. old and a 2 yr. old (almost 3).

I'm also not used to being a stay at home mom...Sept. through June, I teach Kindergarten....let me just say that staying at home is not all its cracked up to be!

:smile:

Lou, Thanks so much for the hospitality!

We will DEFINITELY be in there SOON!

The Moroccan place is called :

Al Kasbah,

and its at 141 East Route 46, Budd Lake - in a strip mall next to a laundromat-

the phone # is 973-448-0990.

I'm not a big fan of Moroccan food, but it has a nice interior with couches, ottomen and coffee type tables. The belly dancer is there on Friday and Saturday nights, and its BYOB.

The Thai place I definitely recommend is called:

Thai Nam Phet

296 Rt. 46 East in Rockaway - an old diner looking place -

the phone # is 973-627-8400

I'm a HUGE fan of Thai food, and although it doesn't quite beat Bangkok Garden in Hackensack, its the best we've got up here...and its also BYOB.

Hubby, kids, and I can usually be found there on Friday nights!

(:

Let me know if any of you venture out to these two!

I'd love to know what you think!

Liz

Liz, You whatever bring those children whatever time you like, they won't disturb anyone, believe it or not we are actually very kid-friendly.

liz-

i can vouch for this. today at lunch there was a couple with i'd say a 2 & 3 year old eating in the booth area of the bar....and lou even put 2 of the 3 televisions onto nick so they could watch rugrats!!! and he won't even do that for his bartender!! :shock:

lou-

i guess since i would rather eat at the bar i don't think of the grill as a "romantic" place to eat... it's more like a place i can slip into and feel at home... important when eating solo. and the parma wrapped shrimp salad was just the thing.

back to prepping brownies and winner's circle pies :biggrin:

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites