• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Epicurean Palette/Grounds For Sculpture

Rosie

On July 11 a gourmet food and wine tasting event, "Epicurean Palette," will be held at The Grounds For Sculpture, 16 Fairgrounds Road, Hamilton to benefit the Grounds For Sculpture. This is one of the best “don’t miss” tastings in NJ and if you have never been to the Grounds For Sculpture you are in for a visual treat as well. Chefs and wine purveyors will be stationed throughout the park for attendees to sample signature dishes and taste fine wines. Some of the participating chefs are: Scott Anderson, Lawrenceville Inn; Kirk Avondoglio, Perona Farms; Robert Bennett, Miel Patisserie; Mike Campfer, Stage House Inn; Michael Cetrulo, Scalini Fideli; Timothy Chang, Ixora; Scott Cutaneo, Le Petit Chateau; Brian Gualtieri, Piccola Italia; Bruce Lefebvre, The Frog and the Peach; David Ryan, Chez Alice; Jay McDonald, 4 Fifty 5; Eric Martin, Rat’s; Todd Miller, Blue; Will Mooney, The Brothers Moon; Tim Murphy, Spargo’s Grill; Tim Schafer, Tim Schafer's Cuisine; Craig Shelton, The Ryland Inn; Jim Weaver, Tre Piani; and Dominick Zireli, The Yardley Inn, PA. 4 to 7 PM; $99; members $89. Tickets can be ordered online at www.epicureanpalette.org or by calling 609-333-0991.

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

I willbe there as well with representatives of Veuve Clicquot, Beringer Blass Wine Estates and some wonderful Italian wines from Opici Imports. I hope we have cooperative weather.

Phil

I have never met a miserly wine lover

Radio show will not be there this year. :angry:

But Pat Tanner who usually does the radio show will be at the event so stop me and ask who she is so you can say hello to her.

Kim--are you going?

Yes, we're the group that often gives up on the lines, goes to the room off the bar, and orders a bottle! Phil, We're going with Jeff and Laurie. Hope to see you there...I can imagine how difficult athat event could be in poor weather...hope it stays dry.

Kim

I'm sooooo jealous. Squashblossom is going with her mother and spent the past weekend telling me about it. It sounds like a pure food orgy :biggrin:

I expect a full report from all of you once you sober up!

True Heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic.

It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost,

but the urge to serve others at whatever cost. -Arthur Ashe

Radio show will not be there this year.  :angry:

But Pat Tanner who usually does the radio show will be at the event so stop me and ask who she is so you can say hello to her.

Kim--are you going?

Yes, we're the group that often gives up on the lines, goes to the room off the bar, and orders a bottle! Phil, We're going with Jeff and Laurie. Hope to see you there...I can imagine how difficult athat event could be in poor weather...hope it stays dry.

Kim

Its not the rain, its the f..... humidity and heat that could be the killer.

Look forward to seeing you there.

Phil

Well the weather cooperated and the hoards turned out.

For many of us who donated foods and wines, it was over subscribed, imho and in the in ho of many chefs I spoke to during and after the event. We apologize for running out of product but we can only donate so much wine and food and be fiscally responsible. As one of my wineries said, I can bring 4 cases of really fine wine or 10 cases of plonk. He chose the former rather than the latter and we were out of wine by 6:00.

Foods that I had a chance to taste, not much time as I was pouring wine most of time, was extremely good: Ixora's lacquered Quail and Spargo's Pina Colada poached Chicken stand out. I loved Spargo's presentation in the Chinese to go container!

The Roque Ale was refreshing and flavorful.

Anybody else have some wine/food tasting notes?

Phil

It was a perfect day. Here’s what was served.

Eric Martin, Rat’s: spicy creamy lobster salad cucumber roll with wasabi tobiko

David Ryan, Chez Alice: roasted leg of lamb with a Bing cherry and mint demi-glace assorted petit fours

Michael Cetrulo, Scalini Fideli: Portobello mushroom Milanese with a fresh herb and veal reduction over arugula and roasted peppers

Tim Schafer Cuisine: Creole Jambalaya

Jay McDonald, 4-fifty-5; seared premium Hereford beef with aromatic marinade and pickled salad

Todd Miller, Blue Restaurant; tamarind glazed pork loin, curried apple cucumber salad with pineapple sage mojo

Will Mooney, The Brothers Moon; crème brulee

Scott Anderson, Lawrenceville Inn; soy cured tempura foie gras with caramelized pineapple and persimmon with shiso sherbert

Jochen Voss, The Manor; assortment of spiced ice creams and sorbet

Bruce Lefebvre, The Frog and The Peach; crispy duck confit with pickled peaches, local blueberries and orange-bail crème fraiche

Michael Clampffer, Stage House Inn; poppy seed financier, roasted pineapple and coconut tapioca

Robert Bennett, Miel Patisserie; dessert buffet with petit fours, ice cream and sorbet

Dominick Zirilli, Yardley Inn; foie gras and duck confit terrine with currant relish and truffle vinaigrette

Timothy Chang, Ixora; grilled lacquered quail infused with Asian rice wine, amazu root and vegetables

Kirk Avondoglio, Perona Farms; poached salmon with a spring pea butter

Lawrence Robinson and Gabriele Grigolon, Terra Momo Group; marisco veracruzano

ceviches

Jim Weaver, Tre Piani; Cape May salt oysters with cilantro scented harissa sauce.

Brian Gualtieri, Piccola Italia; porcini seared diver scallops, potato foam, forest mushrooms, truffle jus and micro greens

Scott Cutaneo, Le Petit Chateau; foie gras with a strawberry sauce

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE