• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Need to make Knishes in Volume.

Comfort Me

How did the peeling of "warm" potatoes go?

I always seem to end up with HOT HOT HOT potatoes which scald my fingers when I try to peel them after cooking.

Patience, Grasshopper!

I was busy sauteeing onions, so I gave them time to cool. Plus, from my days in commercial kitchens, I have asbestos hands!

I liked them so much, I'm making a batch Sunday morning to serve my mah jongh group. Parve, so I can make a dairy dessert. (Dr. Pepper Cake)

Oh my dog! I just realized! I spent the morning thinking about what I was going to serve my mah jongh group. I have a moh jongh group. I am a little old Jewish lady! What will my wife say?

Oh, who am I kidding? She'll say "Will you make enough knishes for Noah and me?"

Aidan

"Ess! Ess! It's a mitzvah!"