• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Last minute happy hour

*Note: Location may be changed if Al decides it is too smoky. If that is the case, someone else please pick a smoke free, metro accessible place?

Don't change anything on my account-- I just didn't want to go to somewhere like Fox&Hounds where there would be 50 cigs going at once.

Not sure I can make it anyway. I'm going apt hunting up near Cleveland Park around 4, but maybe I can make it down afterwards.

peak performance is predicated on proper pan preparation...

-- A.B.

I'll leave the cigars at home, for AD's sake. Where is Matchbox?

Cigars wouldn't be a problem. In fact, maybe I should get a good one for my birthday since it's a much different experience than smoking a cigarette. Also, I could inhale until I turn green and then I'd be sure to never smoke again.

peak performance is predicated on proper pan preparation...

-- A.B.

Yep, although I may be a little late.

True Heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic.

It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost,

but the urge to serve others at whatever cost. -Arthur Ashe