• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

bbq on 15th

There have been mentions of this new BBQ place on 15th (Ballard), but I don't recall any postings on the food. Anyone been there? How is it? (and where is it?)

Thanks!

“"When you wake up in the morning, Pooh," said Piglet at last, "what's the first thing you say to yourself?"

"What's for breakfast?" said Pooh. "What do you say, Piglet?"

"I say, I wonder what's going to happen exciting today?" said Piglet.

Pooh nodded thoughtfully.

"It's the same thing," he said.”

Yes, that's the place... 'Just ok'? hmmm.... this is for my birthday on Wednesday... maybe I'll keep looking...

“"When you wake up in the morning, Pooh," said Piglet at last, "what's the first thing you say to yourself?"

"What's for breakfast?" said Pooh. "What do you say, Piglet?"

"I say, I wonder what's going to happen exciting today?" said Piglet.

Pooh nodded thoughtfully.

"It's the same thing," he said.”

I thought it was horrible, tough fatty meat, uninspired sauces. For some reason there just isn't good bbq out here. There are lots of grilled meats, but no bbq (meats cooked at a low temp over wood smoke for 12-18 hours).

Hal

I've got a suggestion for BBQ if you want to drive to the eastside: Bill's Bodacious BBQ on NE 3rd in the Renton Highlands (just west of Union). It's not much of a party place, atmosphere-wise, but he makes a fine & tender rib with a few of his own fine sauces.

Seattle-wise, I'm pretty fond of General's BBQ on Madison & Jone's BBQ on MLK.

Afishnado

Steel Pig on Aurora at Roy (adjacent the Scientology place!) is pretty good - they are opening another place at 90th and Aurora later this spring. They've got a big ol' smoker parked in the garage, fry a mean catfish. Their sauce is a thinner vinegar style. Good collards and black eyed peas.