• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Russian River Barrel Tasting

Carolyn Tillie

I remember seeing this last year and having to work... For those of you in Northern California, the Russian River Wine Road is the ultimate experience in getting in on futures or just great tasting for practically no money!

Squeat and Jschyun, I think you may have lost Shawn and I for the FM on Saturday...

I've gone the past couple of years, I've got no plans to go back. Most of the places worth visiting are completely packed during the barrel tasting weekend, why spend a day driving around the usually sedate Russian River Valley on one of the few days of the year when it's packed full of tourists and the winery staff are too busy for the experience to be enjoyable? Just call the places that interest you, schedule tastings and go when you can relax and enjoy the peace and quiet that northern Sonoma has to offer.

I've gone the past couple of years, I've got no plans to go back. Most of the places worth visiting are completely packed during the barrel tasting weekend, why spend a day driving around the usually sedate Russian River Valley on one of the few days of the year when it's packed full of tourists and the winery staff are too busy for the experience to be enjoyable? Just call the places that interest you, schedule tastings and go when you can relax and enjoy the peace and quiet that northern Sonoma has to offer.

Ah, I was waffling and you may have 'suaded me against it...

Although I've heard it is loads of fun.

Ah, I was waffling and you may have 'suaded me against it...

So have we got you back for the FM, Carolyn?

Yep, I'm thinking so!

I just have to look into the Ferry times to determine when we'd actually be arriving...