• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Opening the No Bull Inn

Lew_Bryson

There's been some issues with opening the Friday night beer chat session on StarChat, the No Bull Inn. StarChat limits "unregistered" rooms to five participants. Right now, it appears I'm the only one who knows how to register rooms, and if I get there too late, only five people get in.

So here's how to register the room. Do what I do every week, and go to StarChat's Help page and read it.

StarChat Help page

You'll have to have a registered nickname: if you don't, there's instruction there on how to do that, too.

It's not easy, but it's not too difficult, either. You have to open the room first, and then go back to the initial screen and register it. StarChat is a clunky system, but it does what we want it to, so...

Hope this helps!

Lew Bryson

I Drink for a Living

Somewhere in the world...it's Beer O'Clock. Let's have one.