• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Deryn

Deryn

Sounds like a terrific dinner, Tere, and I am sure you will do fine making it all - even if you have never made several of the dishes (or components of same) before. If you have an immersion blender, I recommend keeping it handy for the béarnaise. Not sure if you are determined to follow Heston's recipe exactly but if not you can use the same ingredients and have much less fuss I think if you use a jar and an immersion blender. Regular ganache is fairly straightforward - Heston's not so much - but I am sure you will have fun and it will all taste delicious in the end. After all, if you have a sous chef, the evening is probably as much about having kitchen capers together as much as it is the end result I would guess, especially on Valentine's Day. :)

Deryn

Deryn

Sounds like a terrific dinner, Tere, and I am sure you will do fine making it all - even if you have never made several of the dishes (or components of same) before. If you have an immersion blender, I recommend keeping it handy for the béarnaise. Not sure if you are determined to follow Heston's recipe exactly but if not you can use the same ingredients and have much less fuss I think if you use a jar and an immersion blender. Regular ganache is fairly straightforward - Heston's not so much - but I am sure you will have fun and it will all taste delicious in the end. After all, if you have a sous chef, the evening is probably as much about having kitchen capers together as much as it is the end result I would guess. :)