• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Washing Your Sponges

Fat Guy

For those of you who don't use sponges, what do you use to wash your pots and pans? I don't know what I'd do without my Dobie!!!

I do use the 3M microfiber cloths for my countertop - they are awesome, and they get thrown into the washing machine. This gets supplemented with Fantastic spray and paper towels.

Danielle Altshuler Wiley

a.k.a. Foodmomiac

I use 3M Scotch Brite scrubbers for pots and pans, dish cloths for washing plates, and wiping down counters. Change them every day. They are really cheap by the dozen at Wal Mart.

When I get low on them I give them a soak in bleach and then wash in hot water and dry on hot.

If I have a really tough scrubbing job, I have some of the Mesh pads mentioned by helenjp.

No sponges in my kitchen.