• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Fun and Games

beans

:shock:

There is a "Return" button where there is another two games -- one for tennis and another for Cube Buster. I realised quickly after posting this the Hang Man game was a bit of a lame advertising attempt for the magazine. :hmmm: I did pretty well with the Cube Buster ....

Anyway, this made me think of the bartop games that appear at many bars -- Megatouch and Touchmaster. Anyone play? Favourite games?

When I bartended at Put in Bay, a few of the other bartenders that got together on Sundays and Mondays for cocktails were hooked on Monster Madness and Power Trivia. Fun to play, unwind and enjoy a Tanq 10 gibson. :raz:

Then we became golf fanatics both on our crappy island 9 hole course and with the Golden Tee game (one of the barbacks even spranged his fingers causing him to seek medical assistance and a splint :wacko: ). It was pretty serious stuff, involving teams and big money -- which we ended up donating to one of the long time islander chefs that suddenly had to have surgery, all without the benefit of medical insurance.

I also noticed after I posted, there is a link regarding pub games that I'd like to check out. :smile:

Cheers!

The Tennis Ace game is hard!

Oh, and I remembered another bar game that had quite a following -- those NTN games where we had to worry about enough game boards being charged up and ready for those football game and trivia players. However, I don't see too many of those anymore.

Also, just remembered another bartender biggie game on the Megatouch -- Tri Towers.

Must be an in the biz thing....

I'll have to take a look at the hard copy at the office, but I figured it was New York, or thereabouts. They are published by Foley Publishing Corporation with a PO Box address in Liberty Corner, New Jersey.

Their website isn't kept up very well....