• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Porthos

Porthos

Sous Vide ribeye,  3 1/4 hours at 131. I will chop up and carmelize an onion and add a can of Ranch Style Beans to it. I know that Ranch Style Beans aren't home made but they are a favorite of my DW and mine. Probably will end up serving fruit of some ilk. There will a Hendrick's gin and tonic a little later. I will will open a red for dinner.

27 minutes ago, kayb said:

Junk food tonight, as I'm spending it at home with the TV and my grandson (age 5). We will, no doubt, watch Toy Story 3 at least twice

I'm a mean grandpa. I won't let my 3 3/4 y/o grandson watch any given movie twice in the same day. I will do something like Toy Story, TS2 and TS3 in the same day. And now that he and his parents have moved out I need to get my own copy of Hotel Transylvania.

Porthos

Porthos

Sous Vide ribeye,  3 1/4 hours at 131. I will chop up and carmelize an onion and add a can of Ranch Style Beans to it. I know that Ranch Style Beans aren't home made but they are a favorite of my DW and mine. Probably will end up serving fruit of some ilk.

21 minutes ago, kayb said:

Junk food tonight, as I'm spending it at home with the TV and my grandson (age 5). We will, no doubt, watch Toy Story 3 at least twice

I'm a mean grandpa. I won't let my 3 3/4 y/o grandson watch any given movie twice in the same day. I will do something like Toy Story, TS2 and TS3 in the same day. And now that he and his parents have moved out I need to get my own copy of Hotel Transylvania.