• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

High-Concept Restaurant Bathrooms

Fat Guy

Zaytinya in DC.

Has wall mounted spouts that are a good foot and a half above the basins.

Stand to the side when you turn the water on or you are guaranteed to look like you did not quite make it to the restroom in time.

Everyone complains about these. :blink: All you have to do is turn the water on slowly and they're no worse than any other sink.

What I hate are the automated faucets that won't turn themselves on consistently, and leave you flapping your soapy hands around like some mutant bird attempting to make water appear.

"Tea and cake or death! Tea and cake or death! Little Red Cookbook! Little Red Cookbook!" --Eddie Izzard

Might this be considered "high concept" enough for this thread on restrooms?? :rolleyes:

not exactly discreet, you realize, but pretty nonetheless! :laugh:

Those are cool.

If I was opening a restaurant, I'd use them.

Hell, I'd probably change the theme of the restaurant to fit them.

Herb aka "herbacidal"

Tom is not my friend.

Might this be considered "high concept" enough for this thread on restrooms?? :rolleyes:

not exactly discreet, you realize, but pretty nonetheless! :laugh:

Do any of you guys think the teeth are a little off-putting?

(heh, heh, heh)

Linda LaRose aka "fifi"

"Having spent most of my life searching for truth in the excitement of science, I am now in search of the perfectly seared foie gras without any sweet glop." Linda LaRose

Might  this  be considered "high concept" enough for this thread on restrooms?? :rolleyes:

not exactly discreet, you realize, but pretty nonetheless!  :laugh:

Do any of you guys think the teeth are a little off-putting?

(heh, heh, heh)

Really? A few of the guys I showed it to said they thought they'd have "trouble peeing" with their moral compasses pointing north when faced with big juicy open red lips smiling at them while they tried valiantly to urinate and think of England. :rolleyes:

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol