• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hello

JAZ

I'm sorry I didn't post something earlier (a combination of the new eGullet and my less than state-of-the-art computer and old internet browser has been causing me to lose posts), but I wanted to say hello to all the veteran posters, who have already made this a great (and, dare I say, "spirited") forum, and welcome all the new members who might wander in here.

A general announcement is forthcoming which will include a little background on all the forum hosts, but for those who don't know me, I'm a San Francisco-based food writer and cooking instructor, specializing in cocktails and party foods. I love this forum and am looking forward to hosting it. So (imagine a cocktail glass raised in salute), here's to us!