• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

tea-infused vodka

jawbone

I recently had a martini made from vodka infused with berry-flavoured tea. Does anyone have suggestions for the best way of making tea-infused vodka? I'm assuming that some sort of heat will be required to extract the tea flavour?? And how does one do that without causing the alcohol to evaporate? Any help would be very welcome.

I recently had a martini made from vodka infused with berry-flavoured tea. Does anyone have suggestions for the best way of making tea-infused vodka? I'm assuming that some sort of heat will be required to extract the tea flavour?? And how does one do that without causing the alcohol to evaporate? Any help would be very welcome.

I was infusing some rum with tea to see if I could come up with an alcoholic iced tea equivalent. I didn't heat it up -- I just let the loose tea leaves sit in the rum in a jar for about a week. I added a bit of sugar, and it's been in my freezer ever since. There's very little left!

Dean McCord

VarmintBites

No need for any heat. Tea will infuse into room temperature vodka just as it will into room temperature water. Use the same amount of tea you would to make very strong hot tea with a similar volume of water. Taste the infusion every so often, and when it attains the strength of flavor you are after strain out the tea leaves.

--