• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

LA BURGER

jat

I love the apple pan hamburgers, Hickory smoked, old fashioned cups, hot fries and

apple pie.

Talk about great service. I get really messy, drippy, and I have had my napkin replaced IN HAND with a new napkin several times, just when I needed another one.

Perfect hickory smoke, cheddar cheese, lettuce just wilted. I have to eat two. :raz:

I love the apple pan hamburgers,  Hickory smoked, old fashioned cups, hot fries and

apple pie. 

Talk about great service.  I get really messy, drippy, and I have had my napkin replaced IN HAND with a new napkin several times, just when I needed another one.

Perfect hickory smoke, cheddar cheese, lettuce just wilted.  I have to eat two. :raz:

That is a good idea....Maybe I will go get one this weekend!

If you are a burger fan there is a place called B and R in Hawthorne that makes a great 1lb royal burger... chili, cheese, egg, bacon, onions and the rest....best burger in the south bay hands down!..Its on Rosecrans just west of Crenshaw.....old ladies make the patties by hand!..If you have been to Mo betta meatty meat....its better!

Moo, Cluck, Oink.....they all taste good!

The Hungry Detective

CC, more on the Apple Pan:

Your enrance is announced via the screen doors with a screech and a slam. On a busy day you line up along the walls. And that's where the honor system takes

place. First come, first serve.

Although there are a number of favorites on the menu, my choice is the

Hickory Smoked Burger. It is dripping with the right combo of Tillamok cheddar

cheese, pickles, lettuce and hickory smoke sauce.

For those of you not able to go, my home brew of the sauce is tomato ketschup and

hickory smoke, in a saucepan over the stove.

They are closed on Mondays, 101 off Pico, across from the mall. 310 475-3585

CC, Is your wife going to the BHCS? When? Oct./Nov?

Your enrance is announced via the screen doors with a screech and a slam.  On a busy day you line up along the walls.  And that's where the honor system takes

Hickory Smoked Burger.  It is dripping with the right combo of Tillamok cheddar

For those of you not able to go, my home brew of the sauce is tomato ketschup and

They are closed on Mondays, 101 off Pico, across from the mall.  310 475-3585

I'm with you all the way, jat, just two corrections. 1) Apple Pan is off the 405, not the 101, on Pico, across from the mall (Westside Pavilion).

2) I ask for double the tillamook on my hickory burger! :biggrin:

kit

"I'm bringing pastry back"

Weebl

Your enrance is announced via the screen doors with a screech and a slam.    On a busy day you line up along the walls.  And that's where the honor system takes

Hickory Smoked Burger.  It is dripping with the right combo of Tillamok cheddar

They are closed on Mondays, 101 off Pico, across from the mall.  310 475-3585

We are going there (BHCS) tommorow with some out of town friends, she will want to go on the e gullet trip, but it depends if we can get the kids watched...so we will see...I will check on the tasting dates for november and we might just be able to go to that!

Moo, Cluck, Oink.....they all taste good!

The Hungry Detective

I love the atmosphere and the ideosyncrasies of the Apple Pan, and the burgers are enjoyable. One of the few places in LA with palpable, honest-to-goodness vibe. I'm sorry to disagree, but, I'm not a fan of the pies - visually appealing, but disappointing in flavor and texture, IMHO.

~Tad

Is "Pie and Burger" in Pasadena still there?  I have fond memories of going to look at the Rose Parade floats Jan 2 and then eating at P&B.

Alive and kicking. Guy who owned it sold it (cheaply, I'm told) to one of his employees who's carrying on.

I'm hollywood and I approve this message.

:blink: When I mentioned the name Russ Parsons, my husband said,

"Parsons, isn't that one of the ingredients that goes in a quiche?"

"Hark! I hear hearts shattering all over the world because he doesn't like

the apple pan." Oh well to each his own. The most important thing is

there will be one less person in line, and I'll get a seat that much faster. :laugh::laugh: