• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

WTN: 1992 Fonseca Vintage Port

docsconz

Served with a classic pairing - Stilton purchased from Murray's Cheese Shop, the wine was deep purple, soft and only mildly peppery. It had nice balance with good fruit. The 375ml format was certainly drinking well right now with plenty of subtlety.

John Sconzo, M.D. aka "docsconz"

"Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster."

- Ferran Adria on eGullet 12/16/2004.

Docsconz - Musings on Food and Life

Slow Food Saratoga Region - Co-Founder

Twitter - @docsconz

Did you find there was still a bit of heat\alcohol on the finish, the last time I had the 92' in a tasting i was surprised at the alcohol still coming off of it. This was about two years ago and it was from a 750ml bottle. Till next time. :smile:

I was surprised at the relative paucity of heat and alchohol on the finish. 375ml bottles do mature faster, which may be one reason why this wa relatively mellow. I was thinking this could possibly have been infanticide, but it wasn't. It was quite nice.

John Sconzo, M.D. aka "docsconz"

"Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster."

- Ferran Adria on eGullet 12/16/2004.

Docsconz - Musings on Food and Life

Slow Food Saratoga Region - Co-Founder

Twitter - @docsconz