• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

DANGEROUS DINING CLUB'S 2ND ANNIVERSARY

Rich Pawlak

Hard to believe it's been two years of Dangerous Dining. So, to celebrate, we planned an evening of "Cocina Criolla" and Mabo, Salsa and Merengue dancing. I swear.

CELEBRATE THE 2ND ANNIVERSARY

OF

THE DANGEROUS DINING CLUB

WITH AUTHENTIC "COCINA CRIOLLA"

THE EXQUISITE CUISINE OF PUERTO RICO

DINNER AND DANCING at

MAMBO'S!

550 SOUTH CLINTON AVE. o TRENTON, NJ

TUESDAY o AUGUST 26 o 2003 o 7:00PM o $25 per person o BYOB

RSVP BY AUGUST 22 o ESTERRICK@AOL.COM o (609) 406-1432

BRING YOUR DANCING SHOES!!! MAMBO SALSA AND MERENGUE DANCING LESSONS AND DANCING WITH OWNER JOSE DIAZ!

DIRECTIONS: FROM PHILADELPHIA AND SOUTH: Take I-95 NORTH and follow signs for TRENTON. Take EXIT 46 -ROUTE 1 NORTH-TRENTON/MORRISVILLE- and follow ROUTE 1 for just over 6 miles into NJ. Take exit for ROUTE 33 E/MARKET ST/TRAIN STATION, bearing slight right to sign for S. CLINTON AVE. Follow CLINTON AVE. through traffic light (Hamilton Ave) to MAMBO'S on left.

FROM CENTRAL & NORTH JERSEY AND NORTH: Take ROUTE 1 SOUTH into Trenton, take exit for MARKET ST./CAPITOL COMPLEX. Turn left off exit ramp, and proceed under ROUTE 1 toward TRAIN STATION, and bear right at signs for S. CLINTON AVE., and proceed as above.

(ADDITIONAL PARKING AT ST. JOACHIM'S CHURCH ADJACENT TO RESTAURANT)

o A VOLUNTARY COLLECTION FOR PHILABUNDANCE WILL BE TAKEN AFTER DINNER o

MENU

Empanadilla

Meat Turnovers

Sopa de Marisco

Seafood Medley Soup

Ensalada Verde

Garden Salad

Nudos de Pan con Ajo

Garlic Knots

Arroz Amarillo con Vegetales

Yellow Rice with Vegetables

Habichuelas

Red Kidney Beans

Mofongos

Plantain Cups

Filled with

Opcion de Pollo Guisado

Stewed Chicken

Pernil

Roast Pork

Bistec Encebollado

Marinated Cubed Steak

Flan

Baked Custard

Edited by Rich Pawlak (log)

Rich Pawlak

Reporter, The Trentonian

Feature Writer, INSIDE Magazine
Food Writer At Large

MY BLOG: THE OMNIVORE

"In Cerveza et Pizza Veritas"

I forgot to mention that seating for this dinner is limited to about 60-70, so make reservations to me as soon as you can; we're more than half full already!

Rich Pawlak

Reporter, The Trentonian

Feature Writer, INSIDE Magazine
Food Writer At Large

MY BLOG: THE OMNIVORE

"In Cerveza et Pizza Veritas"

• 2 weeks later...

quite good. unfortunately, we didn't get to dance. :sad:

everything was tasty, from the bistec to the pernil to the seafood soup.

the house and hot sauces were both very tasty on top of the rice, pernil, garlic knots, and mofongo.

Herb aka "herbacidal"

Tom is not my friend.

Dinner at Mambo's was very good and this is the real deal when it comes to Latino food. The seafood soup was excellent, the empanidillas very good, the pernil unreal, and the steak and chicken very good as well. The owner and his svelte wife can surely cut the rug and are as smooth as it gets! Now, my favorite Latino restaurants (each for different reasons but each similar in a way) are: Tierra Colombiana in North Philly, Diaz in Avon-by-the-sea, and Mambo's in Trenton. Each serve authentic home-cooked food that is incredibly cheap in a very nice family atmosphere.

"Nutrirsi di cibi prelibati e trasformare una necessita in estasi."