• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Shel_B

Shel_B

I don't fry foods in part because it's a PITA (for me) to dispose of the expended cooking oil.  How do you dispose of your used cooking oil?

This morning I came across an item called FryAway which solidifies the oil making it easy to dump into the compost bin to be hauled away by our city.  Has anyone used this, or a similar product, and what were your results?

(eG-friendly Amazon.com link)

fryaway.jpg.a00a0e08e4acfaaa4ed01a7ca1a4fa74.jpg

SolidOil.jpg.33a6237ba619447d7cca71fc0a153a8f.jpg

Shel_B

Shel_B

I don't fry foods in part because it's a PITA (for me) to dispose of the expended cooking oil.  How do you dispose of your used cooking oil?

This morning I came across an item called FryAway which solidifies the oil making it easy to dump into the compost bin to be hauled away by our city.  Has anyone used this, or a similar product, and what were your results?

Shel_B

Shel_B

This morning I came across an item called FryAway which solidifies the oil making easy to dump into our compost bin to be hauled away by our city.  Has anyone used this, or a similar, product, and what were your results?