• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Fast Food Junkie Tell All

Gular

Sausage McMuffin with egg for breakfast occasionally--McD's is the only fast food drive thru in town.

Fast food lunches, if I am traveling alone--drive thru and keep moving, try not to drop mayo on the shirtfront.

Almost never for dinner--rather go home and eat whatever is there.

sparrowgrass

I'll get a Spicy Chicken from Wendy's on occasion and Popeye's biscuits and mashed potatoes are pretty good when I'm in the mood for that. The only place I'll get a meal from is Jack in the Box. I don't care what anyone thinks, but I LOVE their taquitos and tacos, and those fajita pitas are pretty tasty too.

Was on a Quiznos sandwich kick earlier this year but I had them so often that I almost got totally burned out on 'em.

Other than that, I stay away from fast food places.

about thrice a year, nothing will cut the mustard but a mcdonald's breakfast. hash brown, bacon, egg, & cheese biscuit, and an orange hi-c. these meals generally occur when travelling to nj early in the am to visit parents.

There doesn't seem to be any In-N-Outs in San Francisco.  :angry:

Soba - Theres a new In & Out in Fisherman's Wharf (Jefferson St)

I think fast food has some sort of addictive chemicals added among the hundreds of others. I find myself going on fast food benders that last over a few days.

Has anyone done this? You go to Wendy's for a Spicy Chicken Sandwich, McDs for Fries and DQ for a Blizzard?

Fast food isn't worth making trips to many restaurants at one time. And when it takes 20 minutes to get all the pieces of your meal, is it still fast food? LOL

I think Wendy's fries are pretty good, and I don't do the ice cream drinks, so a Wendy's #7 with a coke is good enough for me.

Because I keep kosher, I have never eaten McD's, BK, Taco Bell, etc.

But, maybe twice a year I hit Kosher Deluxe for a burger (they're not big on creative names). They're pretty awful. But the fries are ok.

"Some people see a sheet of seaweed and want to be wrapped in it. I want to see it around a piece of fish."-- William Grimes

"People are bastard-coated bastards, with bastard filling." - Dr. Cox on Scrubs