• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

IndyRob

IndyRob

On 4/28/2023 at 2:09 PM, Margaret Pilgrim said:

DH stocks frozen WC sliders for instant ???, not gratification, certainly.    Microwaved bread is beyond me.   And the burger is super well-done, as opposed to done well.    But he's happy, I'm happy.

I bought some of these the other day because I wanted to make some proper onion rings and not have to worry about making proper burgers at the same time for a weeknight meal.

It worked pretty well except that we had plates with a huge pile of onion rings with a couple of little sliders hidden somewhere beneath.

Microwaved bread works when you would normally have steamed bread.  Like a steamed hot dog bun (or a slider).  You just need to wrap the bread in a paper towel and give it a short burst.  Just gives it a little steam.  The paper towel keeps it from getting sweaty.

IndyRob

IndyRob

On 4/28/2023 at 2:09 PM, Margaret Pilgrim said:

DH stocks frozen WC sliders for instant ???, not gratification, certainly.    Microwaved bread is beyond me.   And the burger is super well-done, as opposed to done well.    But he's happy, I'm happy.

I bought some of these the other day because I wanted to make some proper onion rings and not have to worry about making proper burgers at the same time for a weeknight meal.

It worked pretty well except that we had plates with a huge pile of onion rings with a couple of little sliders hidden somewhere beneath.

Microwaved bread works when you would normally have steamed bread.  Like a steamed hot dog bun (or a slider).  You just need to wrap the bread in a paper towel and give it a short burst.  Just gives it a little steam.