• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Santa Teresa imports to the US

Ed Hamilton

Santa Teresa from Venezuela is now importing two of their best rums to the US. Distribution is growing but it is coming. 1796 Antiguo de Solera is certainly a premium rum that I always look for and seldom find outside Venezuela, it has been available in short supply in a few places in the past but well worth looking for, check my site Ministry of Rum then look at the Rum Locator to find the latest distribution outlets according to the importer.

The Orange rhum liqueur, no it's not French, but great orange flavored rum. The label says Liqueur but it's 40% alcohol again according to the importer, I can' t remember from the last time I actually drank that one but again well worth the look.

Cheers from Sint Maarten.

Edward Hamilton

Ministry of Rum.com

The Complete Guide to Rum

When I dream up a better job, I'll take it.

Santa Teresa Orange Rum Liqueur makes a delicious Orange Daiquiri, remember to skip the sugar though, or it will be too sweet. I also tried a Daiquiri version with half white rum and half S.T. Orange liquer, and the result was excellent. For an extra touch I recommend to sprinkle a little grated orange peel on......

Cheers

Dom :biggrin: