• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Where can I find French Butter in Vancouver ?

Fiona So

Hi, dear all,

I have tried many butter brands in Canada but the butter taste is not rich. I like French butter personally because of its rich buttery flavour. 

Can anyone suggest good butter I can buy in Vancouver or where I can find french made butter such as President butter. 

Many thanks.

9 hours ago, Fiona So said:

Can anyone suggest good butter I can buy in Vancouver

There is les amis du FROMAGE. But the prices are a bit shocking. They may have more in-store than they have on their website. They also have COWS butter from PEI. 

You might find something at Granville Island Public Market, maybe at Benton Brothers or similar? 

Avalon Dairy makes organic butters. 

It's not easy to find some dairy products in Canada because of supply management of the dairy industry, as I'm sure you know. 

Les Amis du Fromage is probably your best bet. There is also that dairy place in the Granville Island Public Market - I think it's called The Milkman??

You may find something at Meinhardt's, a gourmet food store. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Beebs said:

Les Amis du Fromage is probably your best bet. There is also that dairy place in the Granville Island Public Market - I think it's called The Milkman??

You may find something at Meinhardt's, a gourmet food store. 

thanks Beebs, I will check it out.