• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Meal planning amidst chaos

Maison Rustique

[Host's note: this post was split from a spam-flagged topic, hence the abrupt start.]

My problem is that I have friends who bring me food all the time but I never know when. My sister didn't believe what a problem this is until she came to stay with me during recovery. If you go shopping and plan a meal, someone will show up with 3 different entrees, 2 bags of salad and fresh produce that need to get used right away. I end up tossing so much food because I just can't keep up with it. I have occasionally told one friend that I appreciate him bringing xyz, but right now my freezer is full and I already have 3 things that need to get used right away. But I hate to do that too often because I honestly do appreciate what is gifted to me and especially since I can't care for myself right now. I don't want the food gifts to stop, but it makes it terribly difficult to plan meals.

Edited by Smithy
Added host's note (log)
  • Like 3

Deb

Liberty, MO