• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Culinary Class Wars

Okanagancook

https://www.netflix.com/pk/title/81728365

We have been watching this competition on Netflix here in Canada.  It is like no other competition we have watched.  
It is described on the above link.

Basically its elite well known chefs with Michelin stars who compete against up and coming talented chefs.  They go head to head competing with a common ingredient in a super equiped kitchen.  They present their creations to two blind folded judges who get to taste their dish on a spoon in one bite.  They don’t see the dish.  Nor do they know who made it.  If it is a tie they do get to see it and another taste if they like.  The judges are VERY knowledge and discuss between themselves what might be in the dish.  They have extraordinary taste. 

It is a hoot to whatch.

• Like 5

Unfortunately, I can only find it in the original Korean, without subtitles. Although I know a little Korean, I am not up to getting much of this. 

불운!

Edited by liuzhou (log)
  • Sad 1

...your dancing child with his Chinese suit.

"No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot"
Mark Twain

The Kitchen Scale Manifesto