• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

nochefschoice

nochefschoice

On 8/22/2024 at 1:08 AM, Katie Meadow said:

Talk about rabbit holes. I've just come back up for air. I've never heard of egg coffee, but then I don't  spend time on sites with exploding trends. Comparisons to tiramisu (sans cake) are especially swoonworthy. It screams late morning treat. I've learned my lesson about not drinking an iced Vietnamese coffee after 2pm.

Rabbit holes I can relate! *smiles, that's one reason I've disabled YouTube history. You know what happens then? YouTube doesn't suggest any videos on it's homepage. And almost never (maybe 0.00001%) use Tiktok or Snapchat.

The egg coffee can be a fantastic late morning treat! But it's an art, so unless someone else is making it, the late morning treat will probably have to wait until work is done. That's why coffee shops sell convenience. Still, I've NEVER tasted a good coffee at a coffee shop. I honestly don't know how people tend to like them. And we take a lot of Arabica. Not Robusta. And when it comes to Arabica there's like whole varieties and blends etc, and the type we go for isn't like coffee shop stuff.

Edit: At least not exactly like the coffee shop stuff I've tried.

nochefschoice

nochefschoice

6 hours ago, Katie Meadow said:

Talk about rabbit holes. I've just come back up for air. I've never heard of egg coffee, but then I don't  spend time on sites with exploding trends. Comparisons to tiramisu (sans cake) are especially swoonworthy. It screams late morning treat. I've learned my lesson about not drinking an iced Vietnamese coffee after 2pm.

Rabbit holes I can relate! *smiles, that's one reason I've disabled YouTube history. You know what happens then? YouTube doesn't suggest any videos on it's homepage. And almost never (maybe 0.00001%) use Tiktok or Snapchat.

The egg coffee can be a fantastic late morning treat! But it's an art, so unless someone else is making it, the late morning treat will probably have to wait until work is done. That's why coffee shops sell convenience. Still, I've NEVER tasted a good coffee at a coffee shop. I honestly don't know how people tend to like them. And we take a lot of Arabica. Not Robusta. And when it comes to Arabia there's like whole varieties and blends etc, and the type we go for isn't like coffee shop stuff.

Edit: At least not exactly like the coffee shop stuff I've tried.

nochefschoice

nochefschoice

6 hours ago, Katie Meadow said:

The egg coffee can be a fantastic late morning treat! But it's an art, so unless someone else is making it, the late morning treat will probably have to wait until work is done. That's why coffee shops sell convenience. Still, I've NEVER tasted a good coffee at a coffee shop. I honestly don't know how people tend to like them. And we take a lot of Arabica. Not Robusta. And when it comes to Arabia there's like whole varieties and blends etc, and the type we go for isn't like coffee shop stuff.