• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Shel_B

Shel_B

On 6/30/2024 at 6:53 PM, Shel_B said:

@blue_dolphin ...Thanks for the mention of pasilla de Oaxaca.  That's new to me, and coincidentally, I've been looking for an alternative to Chipotle.  I found a couple of places online that sell the whole, dried pods, and ordered some. There's a couple of dishes coming up where they'll be used.

The peppers have arrived, and at a great time.  The meat for the dish I want to try them in is defrosting as I type. Eagerly waiting to give 'em a try.  

They smell great ... nice and smokey, but not quite as intense as my recent chipotle purchase. These appear to be a good alternative to chipotles, appearing to be closer to the morita than the meco.  From what I've read, they're not quite as hot as chipotles, so that could be a good thing for some people and for some recipes.

So, @blue_dolphin, thanks again for tip.  These will be a great addition to my cooking.

PasillaOaxcaa.jpg.e6de2a28927d87fc36ae29e892bb38aa.jpg

Plated.jpg.35506a2db363d33d88e5b0fbbeddf08c.jpg

Shel_B

Shel_B

On 6/30/2024 at 6:53 PM, Shel_B said:

@blue_dolphin ...Thanks for the mention of pasilla de Oaxaca.  That's new to me, and coincidentally, I've been looking for an alternative to Chipotle.  I found a couple of places online that sell the whole, dried pods, and ordered some. There's a couple of dishes coming up where they'll be used.

The peppers have arrived, and at a great time.  My meat for thr dish I wantd to try hem in is defrosting as I type. Eagerly waiting to give 'em a try.

PasillaOaxcaa.jpg.e6de2a28927d87fc36ae29e892bb38aa.jpg