• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

jedovaty

jedovaty

Hmm, interesting.  I didn't think the recipe would matter, previously didn't have issues with random ingredients haphazardly mixed up into my electric iron (which was non-stick and no longer with me).  FWIW, the iron was stuck closed and I had to use some force to open it up.

This iron came with three recipes, I can try the one that doesn't call for a small bag of barm; I know what barm is, but I thought it was measured by volume, not bags.  Otherwise, I'll search eg for recipes or go to my local library for a book.  Google searches have gone way downhill, nothing but ad-driven and AI generated content :(

jedovaty

jedovaty

Hmm, interesting.  I didn't think the recipe would matter, previously didn't have issues with random ingredients haphazardly mixed up into my electric iron (which was non-stick and no longer with me).

This iron came with three recipes, I can try the one that doesn't call for a small bag of barm; I know what barm is, but I thought it was measured by volume, not bags.  Otherwise, I'll search eg for recipes or go to my local library for a book.  Google searches have gone way downhill, nothing but ad-driven and AI generated content :(