• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Shel_B

Shel_B

Spelling, clarity

Today was the day. The beef cheeks arrived and I picked them up at Berkeley's Local Butcher.  I've not opened the package yet, and will try to make the braise in the next day or two. Really looking forward to trying them.

The gang at the shop also provided some pork neck bones, a couple of chicken carcasses, and their luscious ground pork. On the agenda with peposo is Bolognese and bone broth.  Just need a bit more chicken meat which I'll pick up at TJ's tomorrow.

I treated myself to a walnut chocolate chip cookie made with leaf lard.

All-in-all, a good day in Berkeley.

Shel_B

Shel_B

Spelling

Today was the day. The beef cheeks arrived and I picked them up at Berkeley's Local Butcher.  I've not opened the package yet, and will try to make the braise in the next day or two.

The gang at the shop also provided some pork neck bones, a couple of chicken carcasses, and their luscious ground pork. On the agenda with peposo is Bolognese and bone broth.  Just need a bit more chicken meat which I'll pick up at TJ's tomorrow.

Shel_B

Shel_B

Today was the day. The beef cheeks arrived and I picked them up at Berkeley's Local Butcher.  I've not opened the package yet, and will try to make the braise in the next day or two.

he gang at the shop also provided some pork neck bones, a couple of chicken carcasses, and their luscious ground pork. On the agenda with peposo is Bolognese and bone broth.  Just need a bit more chicken meat which I'll pick up at TJ's tomorrow.