• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Vapre

Vapre

4 hours ago, Larry Sanbourne said:

Does anyone have experience with these? Would it do the trick or am I totally off base?

Yes, in a non-culinary sense. I use it in a grow tent attached to a small ceramic heater. It keeps the plants at an even temperature. I'm pretty happy with it.

When you are setting the temperature, the range, and other options, don't forget to hold the 'set' button again for about 3 seconds or it defaults back to factory settings.

As far as using it in a kettle, it could work I  suppose. The range is -50°C~120°C / -58°F~248°F.

Vapre

Vapre

Does anyone have experience with these? Would it do the trick or am I totally off base?

Yes, in a non-culinary sense. I use it in a grow tent attached to a small ceramic heater. It keeps the plants at an even temperature. I'm pretty happy with it.

When you are setting the temperature, the range, and other options, don't forget to hold the 'set' button again for about 3 seconds or it defaults back to factory settings.

As far as using it in a kettle, it could work I  suppose.

Vapre

Vapre