• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

AlaMoi

AlaMoi

bought some - typical supermarket stuff - usually low end, according to the video critique above . . .

and . . . yeah not worth the stamp to write home about . . .

Amazon is sold out on his 'best' Maina brand but I did snag a Balocco - his second choice.

we have both Lidl and Aldi in the area - I picked up a stollen at Lidl - Favorina brand - I was stunned at how good it was - very moist.

usually stollen is rather dry by the time it makes it here.

. . . . actually,,,, we've eaten most of it, so I'll have to do a second trip for Christmas . . .

AlaMoi

AlaMoi

bought some - typical supermarket stuff - usually low end, according to the video critique above . . .

and . . . yeah not worth the stamp to write home about . . .

Amazon is sold out on his 'best' Maina brand but I did snag a Balocco - his second choice.

we have both Lidl and Aldoi in the area - I picked up a stollen at Lidl - Favorina brand - I was stunned at how good it was - very moist.

usually stollen is rather dry by the time it makes it here.

. . . . actually,,,, we've eaten most of it, so I'll have to do a second trip for Christmas . . .