• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

FeChef

FeChef

1 hour ago, heidih said:

I think Lite & light get conflated in American minds. Barbara Tropp turned me onto Pearl River Mushroom soy which I used to stock as a different flavor.

I stopped messing around with dark soy sauces, LKK Oyster sauce blows any dark soy sauce flavor out of the water. Make sure you get the "premium bottle" Any recipe that calls for dark soy sauce, i substitute 1:1 LKK Oyster sauce.

FeChef

FeChef

57 minutes ago, heidih said:

I think Lite & light get conflated in American minds. Barbara Tropp turned me onto Pearl River Mushroom soy which I used to stock as a different flavor.

I stopped messing around with dark soy sauces, LKK Oyster sauce blows any dark soy sauce flavor out of the water. Make sure you get the "premium bottle"