• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

lindag

lindag

After a few days of not feeling up to par, today I made a real Pizzaola pizza om the stone (not the pan pizza of earlier).  

Made the rookie mistake of too many toppings.   Because it was well-loaded it took longer to bake and the result was a rather tough crust...although that could have been from handling the dough too much.

Overall, it wasn't bad and I learned a lot.  Biggest problem I had was in shaping the crust and tying to get it even; it wanted to spring back.

I used a commercial sauce (Muir Glen Pizza Sauce) that was quite good, rich and thick, I'll do that again.

Now I'm ready to try again.

Having trouble loading my picture.

Edited to add my photo:

image.png.a02a00a6ea4522272bf5846a961c98ee.png

lindag

lindag

After a few days of not feeling up to par, today I made a real Pizzaola pizza om the stone (not the pan pizza of earlier).  

Made the rookie mistake of too many toppings.   Because it was well-loaded it took longer to bake and the result was a rather tough crust...although that could have been from handling the dough too much.

Overall, it wasn't bad and I learned a lot.  Biggest problem I had was in shaping the crust and tying to get it even; it wanted to spring back.

I used a commercial sauce (Muir Glen Pizza Sauce) that was quite good, rich and thick, I'll do that again.

Now I'm ready to try again.

Having trouble loading my picture.