• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

I don't see any shaming in the article but I don't see much value in it either.

As I see it, people fall, mainly, into four categories.

1. People who love hot food, who have grown up with it, enjoy it, the hotter the better, Bring It On.

2. People, who for some physical reason, simply cannot tolerate hot food. It's painful.

3. People who don't like hot food. It's not in their culture and it's not to their taste. They may like a little heat but they don't want to make dining a painful experience. (That's me).

4. People who are adventurous and want to try other cuisines or people from category 2, or 3, who have been tormented by mental morons who keep insisting, "try it, you'll like it".

Therefore the only audience for this article is category 4 and probably, they have heard all of this advice before.

It's also obvious that none of us who have responded to this topic are within the targeted audience and I, for one, found it a total waste of time to read.

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

I don't see any shaming in the article but I don't see much value in it, either.

1. People who love hot food, who have grown up with it, enjoy it, the hotter the better, Bring It On.

2. People, who for some physical reason, simply cannot tolerate hot food. It's painful.

3. People who don't like hot food. It's not in their culture and it's not to their taste. They may like a little heat but they don't want to make dining a painful experience. (That's me).

4. People who are adventurous and want to try other cuisines or people from category 2, or 3, who have been tormented by mental morons who keep insisting, "try it, you'll like it".

Therefore the only audience for this article is category 4 and probably, they have heard all of this advice before.

It's also obvious that none of us who have responded to this topic are within the targeted audience and I, for one, found it a total waste of time to read.

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

I don't see any shaming in the article but I don't see much value in it, either.

4. People who are adventurous and want to try other cuisines or people from category 2, or 3, who have been tormented by mental morons who keep insisting, "try it, you'll like it". Therefore the only audience for this article is category 4 and probably, they have heard all of this advice before.