• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

IndyRob

IndyRob

I don't think this has anything to do with the warning, but there was an interesting factoid on (I think) the Netflix Series Cooked...

If you have only flour and water and eat the flour and drink the water, you will be dead in about two weeks.  However, if you mix the flour and water, allow them to ferment, and bake it into bread, you can live on it indefinitely.

I'm not sure if that's true, but I believe that was what was claimed.

Edit: I took this as a nutritional claim, not a food safety claim.

IndyRob

IndyRob

I don't think this has anything to do with the warning, but there was an interesting factoid on (I think) the Netflix Series Cooked...

If you have only flour and water and eat the flour and drink the water, you will be dead in about two weeks.  However, if you mix the flour and water, allow them to ferment, and bake it into bread, you can live on it indefinitely.

I'm not sure if that's true, but I believe that was what was claimed.