• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

AKS613

AKS613

typo

Hi everyone! My daughter went to Argentina and brought me home a slab of Dulce de Leche Solido. I'm not quite sure what to do with it, though. Do I shave into apple pie? Do I melt it? Does it melt? Do I cut into small chunks for cookies? Are you supposed to eat it plain? I don't want to waste it with a lot of trial and error, so before I do I thought I'd ask the most knowledgeable people I "know". 

Thanks in advance!

Screen Shot 2022-12-20 at 9.41.42 AM.png

AKS613

AKS613

Hi everyone! My daughter went to Argentina and brought me home a slab of Dulce de Leche Solido-basicially it is like dulce de leech with a fudge consistency. I'm not quite sure what to do with it, though. Do I shave into apple pie? Do I melt it? Does it melt? Do I cut into small chunks for cookies? Are you supposed to eat it plain? I don't want to waste it with a lot of trial and error, so before I do I thought I'd ask the most knowledgeable people I "know". 

Thanks in advance!

Screen Shot 2022-12-20 at 9.41.42 AM.png