• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

gfweb

gfweb

1 hour ago, JeffGC said:

CookBot-Was planning to do an evenness test and plain white bread was already on the list. Please explain measuring temp in each quadrant. I have an IR temp gun. 

Bread is one method. If you have an IR thermometer you could just put an canele pan in the oven and bake as you normally do, taking temps periodically of various locations on the pan.

Should the pan be empty or with batter?  I'd start with empty and if differences aren't obvious then do one with batter

Is the pan pre-heated prior to adding the batter?

gfweb

gfweb

1 hour ago, JeffGC said:

CookBot-Was planning to do an evenness test and plain white bread was already on the list. Please explain measuring temp in each quadrant. I have an IR temp gun. 

Bread is one method. If you have an IR thermometer you could just put an empty canele pan in the oven and bake as you normally do, taking temps periodically of various locations on the pan.

Is the pan pre-heated prior to adding the batter?