• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

MetsFan5

MetsFan5

Updated and edited.

I just received a reminder to put the (warming) bag outside with the dishes. Maisey and I are hanging out on my small deck. I’m curious to see if the person who picks up my bag of dishes is the same who delivered the food. 

Currently, in my area, Bobby Flay’s is the only restaurant out of 21 who provides dishes. The others deliver food in recyclable materials. 

IMO this first experience is essentially having room service from a high end restaurant at my apartment. It’s definitely not for everyone nor is it something anyone would use daily (they currently only do dinner) but it was an overall positive experience. I expected the steak to be over cooked and cold and it was neither. I have ordered an embarrassing amount of Doordash etc and this was much better than anything I’ve had delivered via the usual apps. 

MetsFan5

MetsFan5

Updated and edited.

I just received a reminder to put the (warming) bag outside with the dishes. Maisey and I are hanging out on my small deck. I’m curious to see if the person who picks up my fishes is the same who delivered the food. 

Currently, in my area, Bobby Flay’s is the only restaurant out of 21 who provides dishes. The others deliver food in recyclable materials. 

IMO this first experience is essentially having room service from a high end restaurant at my apartment. It’s definitely not for everyone nor is it something anyone would use daily (they currently only do dinner) but it was an overall positive experience. I expected the steak to be over cooked and cold and it was neither. I have ordered an embarrassing amount of Doordash etc and this was much better than anything I’ve had delivered via the usual apps. 

MetsFan5

MetsFan5

I just received a reminder to put the (warming) bag outside with the dishes. Maisey and I are hanging out on my small deck. I’m curious to see if the person who picks up my fishes is the same who delivered the food. 

IMO this first experience is essentially having room service from a high end restaurant at my apartment. 

MetsFan5

MetsFan5